Field Operations Manager
American Plant Maintenance (APM) is a fast-growing energy efficiency company focused on steam systems. We are investing heavily on modernizing ourselves with the goal of transforming the industry and provide the best service to our customers nationwide.
We are looking to hire a Field Operations Manager to manage a growing crew of twenty field technicians. This person will be responsible for hiring, training and maintaining the professionalism and knowledge base of the field crew. The position requires a thorough understanding of the steam services we provide, but more importantly the right candidate will be forward thinking to improve and standardize existing processes that will allow the company to sustain its current growth pace.
This position will be reporting directly to the Director of Engineering and is a key component in the company's growth plan. Nationwide travel will be required to maintain relationships with customers, vendors and employees.
- Hire qualified technicians to complete field work nationwide.
- Oversee the field team tasked with system analysis, troubleshooting and repair work.
- Provide onsite training on steam system operation, testing and repair.
- Provide industry knowledge and become a resource for technical questions that arise in the field.
- Assist with implementing new processes, products and services.
- Maintain records of training, safety, qualifications and performance.
- Provide and maintain necessary tools, vehicles and equipment.
- Assist Engineering with scheduling, parts verification and technical support.
- Oversee safety protocols and prepare safety documentation for customers as needed.
- Ensure that safety is an integral component of every engineering process developed.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commercial awareness - Ability to develop solutions within time and budget constraints.
- At least 3 years of experience managing direct reports.
- Industrial background (Steam Knowledge Preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experienced working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Engineering experience with steam systems is a plus.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
- Health insurance: 50% paid by the company
- 401k: 3% contribution by the company, regardless of employee contributions.
- Time off: 2 weeks paid vacation, paid holidays and 6 personal days.