Business Development Intern
Will be based out of Woburn, MA - Car Required
Flexibility around academic schedule offered - Internship
APM Steam is a fast-growing energy efficiency company focused on steam systems. We are investing heavily on modernizing ourselves with the goal of transforming the industry and provide the best service to our customers nationwide. At APM Steam we are looking to create a brand-new sales team that would help us increase our sales volume nationwide. The interns will be part of a pilot program that will translate into a great opportunity to work closely with the company's CEO, brainstorming and strategizing new sales opportunities.
We are looking to hire Business Development Interns to pursue new business opportunities and increase our brand awareness nationwide. The Business Development Intern will be tasked with taking on the challenge of identifying new market opportunities, building a funnel of qualified leads, and actively engaging with potential customers. They will also be encouraged to test out new marketing/emailing campaigns, and act based on their metrics. Our associates will be working closely to see how they can gain marketing and sales experience, seeing firsthand what works when selling to new prospects.
A successful candidate will have great communication skills, a can-do attitude, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Previous internship or co-op experience in a business or start-up environment will be highly regarded.
- Initiate communication with potential and existing customers through multiple channels
- Identify new markets and generate qualified leads
- Work closely if the company's CEO and executive team, in developing new sales strategies, prospecting methods and data management styles
- Participate as a critical part of our new sales program ran by our company's CEO and work closely with him and his executive team.
- Support on-going marketing efforts through email newsletter campaigns and Google AdWords
- Securing appointments for our sales team to demo our services and values of working with APM
- Operate and maintain our CRM database, analysis tools, and other applications
- Supervise the effectiveness of email campaigns and run their own email campaigns for regional sales targeting
- Run sales meetings in the Great Lakes, Gulf and West Coast region
- Pull data analytics on the current go to market strategy to maximize the speed of sale and look for areas for improvement.
- Conduct direct outreach to leads via emailing campaigns and calling effort.
- Strong interest in sales or marketing
- Best-in-class communication skills (written & verbal)
- Comfortable cold calling and emailing
- Knowledge of MSOffice and CRM tools (Salesforce)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, recognizing trends, and experience in business prospecting
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in a business-related field preferred (economics, marketing, sales, etc.)
- Resourcefulness and initiative to learn something new
- Sense of humor
- Intellectual curiosity
- Hourly compensation
- Sales Metrics compensation in addition to hourly wage
- Workshops presented by the CEO and his team
Additionally, there is a full-time opportunity potential after graduation.